Having the right travel accessories in tow can make all the difference in having a smooth experience while traveling outside of the country. International flights and the trips they accompany do take some planning, and there are some essential travel items that I do not leave home without.
I have traveled to over 30 countries and also travel domestically at least twice a month, so consider myself a frequent traveler. In this post, I’m providing my list of the 43 best international travel accessories for 2023.
The best part about this list is that you can find every item on Amazon, and they are affordable! So get your packing list ready and keep reading.
Note: As there are always new improvements in travel accessories available in the market, so this list is regularly updated.
The Best International Travel Accessories | Top Picks
1 | International Travel Adapter
Most countries that you visit will require the use of an outlet that differs from those used in your home country. This makes an international travel adapter an absolute necessity for international travel. I have used the Conair All-in-One Adapter for the past several years and love it. It comes with three outlets and a USB slot, that will help you charge multiple items at once, even if you aren’t going out of the county.
- Travel Like A Pro: Conair Travel Smart All-In-One Travel Plug Adapter offers a combination of the four most common...
- Power Converter with Surge Protection: Power adapter with built-in surge protection and an EMI/RFI power line filter...
2 | Charging Phone Case
When you are out and about during your travels, you are likely to run down the battery on your phone. To avoid running out of juice, you should get a charging case like this one. This one in particular has keep me going on long flights that don’t offer outlets as well as other 15+ hour days.
No products found.
3 | Phone Camera Lens
If you want to take your camera up a notch, but aren’t ready to spend money on a camera, buying a lens for your phone is the next best option. This Lens Set by AMIR provides super wide, fish eye, and macro lenses to bring your picture taking skills to the next level!
No products found.
4 | 2-in-1 iPhone / Apple Watch Charger
Looking to consolidate some of those cords you have to carry around with you? This 2-in-1 iPhone / Apple Watch Charger is a great option for this – it at least helps rid you of taking the ridiculously long Apple Watch charger around!
No products found.
5 | Rechargeable Hand Warmer
A green alternative to the hand warmers that usually come in one-use packs, this KARECEL Hand Warmer is great for those trips that will have you outside for hours in cold weather.
- VERSATILE: Quick hand warmer & Power bank 2-in-1. It's not only a little handwarmer but also a emergency backup battery....
- SAFETY & METAL HAND WARMER: Safety is top-of-mind, this mini hand warmer have built-in intelligent protection system is...
6 | Portable Mini-Fan
On the other side of things, if you are a traveling to a very hot location you probably want to have a fan on deck. This ThreeH Portable mini fan is perfectly compact and easy to carry around on those unbearably hot days.
- Newest handheld mini air conditioning fan USB portable cooler, apply to home, office and school, also great for travel,...
- Powered by built-in rechargeable lithium battery for convenient to take it along with you anywhere and anytime; Or...
7 | Power Bank
This TG90º Power Bank is the best power bank out there and highly rated on Amazon. It is the backup power bank that I use when I am not traveling with my smart luggage. This lightweight portable charger is thin – only .3 inches thick – and smaller in width and length than most cell phones. It is quick to recharge your dead (small) electronics, and can charge up to three devices at a time.
No products found.
8 | Kindle PaperWhite
Love reading, but don’t love lugging around a bunch of books? If so, I recommend that you consider purchasing the Kindle Paperwhite. The primary benefit of this reader is that despite being electronic, it features warm light that makes it more similar to reading from paper. In addition, the Paperwhite is waterproof, has battery life up to 10 hours, and comes with access to Kindle Unlimited. The latter of which means you can accesses over 2 million titles! It is a great value for any avid reader.
- Kindle Paperwhite – Now with a 6.8” display and thinner borders, adjustable warm light, up to 10 weeks of battery...
- Purpose-built for reading – With a flush-front design and 300 ppi glare-free display that reads like real paper, even...
9 | GoPro Hero
If you are not interested in buying a heavy-duty camera, but want something that adds to your phone camera, I recommend considering the GoPro Hero 11. This waterproof action camera is meant for those of you who enjoy catching pictures while doing adventurous travel activities. These may include snorkeling, skydiving, mountain biking, etc. It’s easy enough to snap to your body and just go! Note, all the pictures it takes have the “fisheye” effect, but that’s what it is known for.
- Revolutionary New Image Sensor: expansive field of view ever on a HERO camera out of the box. This gives you an...
- Unbelievable Image Quality: With 5.3K video that gives you 91% more resolution than 4K and an incredible 665% more than...
10 | Noise-Cancelling Headphones
To block out unpleasant noises on planes, trains, or anywhere else your travels take you, I recommend the JBL Tune 660NC Headphones. These headphones are a more affordable option to the more well-known Bose Headphones, but offer the same level of noise-blocking. Use these to get up to 44 hours of pure audio – whether that be music, movies, or your favorite audio book.
- The Tune 660NC wireless headphones feature renowned JBL Pure Bass sound, which can be found in the most famous venues...
- Keep the noise out and enjoy your music with active noise cancellation
Accessories for Organized Travel
11 | Passport Cover
If you travel a lot, your passport can take a beating for it. I like traveling with a passport cover to keep my passport from fraying / getting scratched. I also like that many covers are also travel wallets, like the SimpacX Fabric Passport Holder.
This passport holder includes slots that let you store credit cards, money, and boarding passes in addition to your passport. Additionally, this one has an RFID blocker, which will keep potential thieves from stealing your information electronically.
12 | Family Passport Organizer
If you are traveling with your family and have a few members who aren’t quite ready to be responsible for holding onto it themselves, then you should consider this IdeFair Family Travel Wallet. This wallet has enough space for 5 passports, money, credit cards and boarding passes. It is also RFID safe and waterproof – helping you keep your important stuff protected.
- 【Convenient&Family Travel Essentials】: You can put the passports, ID cards, credit cards, flight tickets, money and...
- 【Large Capacity】: A zipper pocket for your phone, 5 passport pouchs,a large wing bag, a transparent ticket bag, 8...
RELATED: Essentials for Long-Haul Flights
13 | TSA-Approved Travel Bottles
I am a strong believer in packing light, and one of the main ways that I am able to do this is by storing all of my liquids and gels in travel-sized bottles. There is almost NEVER a reason to take full sized liquids unless you are traveling for a very extended period of time and need products that are unavailable in your destination. These TEAPILE Travel Bottles come with 4 larger bottles for shampoo / conditioner, lotion, and smaller containers to store hair gels, face creams, and the like.
- SOFT TRAVEL BOTTLES: Perfect fit household standard, durable, waterproof; perfect response to travel turbulence, super...
- THREE LAYERS LEAK DETECTION DESIGN: 3-layer lFOOD GRADE SAFETY, BPA FREE: In addition to separate laundry detergent,...
14 | Clear Toiletry Bag
There are several countries that require your liquids to be in a single pouch if you carry them onto the plane. The UK and the US (enforcement varies by airport), are a few examples. You can avoid any issues in the security line by getting a clear pouch that is carry on-approved, like this TSA-Approved Toiletry Bag. And your TEAPILE Travel Bottles should fit perfectly into these!
- TSA Approved Clear Toiletry Bag - TSA approved clear toiletry bag strictly follow 3-1-1 regulations. Easy and quick to...
- Clear Strong Thickness Design Tsa Toiletry Bag - Made of transparent PVC material, eco-friendly to see and get items...
15 | Hanging Toiletry Bag
This may be a bit odd, but I tend to travel with two toiletry bags on long trips. One bag for my liquids, and another for the rest of my toiletries that classify as solids / other. I really like the hanging toiletry bags for this purpose, as I can access my toothbrush, makeup, deodorant, and other daily necessities quite easily. I think I’ve mentioned it before, but I absolutely love this toiletry bag by BAGSMART, and take my yellow one with me everywhere!
- Lightweight and Rip-stop: Premium polyester fabric; Size: L24.5 x H19.5 x W6.5 cm / L9.6 x H7.8 x W2.5 inch; Weight: 0.6...
- Compact and Organized - 3 mesh compartments have enough to hold soap, shampoo, lipstick or cosmetics and keep them safe,...
16 | Electronic Cord Organizer
As I mentioned in a my post on long-haul flight essentials, keeping your electronic cords organized while you travel can be hard work. I recommend getting the BAGSMART Travel Cord Organizer to keep everything organized, even your adapters and external hard drives and chargers. I started using mine earlier this year, and it has made all the difference!
- Compatible Space: The electronics organizer bag keep all gadgets in one place, 5 elastic loops(S) for slender cables,...
- Lightweight Travel Accessories: The size of the electronic organizer travel case is 9.4"L x 6.7"W x 1.4"H, Weight: 0.24...
17 | Jewelry Organizer
So if you can’t tell, I just love BAGSMART products! The quality is great and they make organization a breeze. In addition to the electronic organizer above, they have a Jewelry Organizer. I don’t know about you, but I think tangled earrings and necklaces are just the worst!
This organizer has compartments, clips, and cushions that allow you to easily store your rings, necklaces, and earrings. You’ll love how easy it is to keep up with all your nice things and not worry about misplacing valuables while you travel.
- SMART DESIGN WITHOUT TANGLES- The double-ended ring rows are removable for quick access to any ring. The attached...
- EASY& SAFE- See-through pockets make it easier to organize, and smooth zippers to prevent jewelry loss.
18 | Compact First Aid Kit
If you heading out on particularly adventurous travel, it’s a great idea to travel with a first aid kit. This GO Compact first aid kit is FDA-approved and includes all the first-aid basics, such as antiseptic towelettes, bandages, and tweezers.
- 【Essential Preparedness Kit】: Contains 85 essential first aid supplies for treating common cuts, scrapes, minor...
- 【Safety Medical Kit】: Safety approved, 85 pieces of comprehensive first aid treatment products are manufactured in...
Luggage & Luggage Accessories
19 | Packing Cubes
I do not travel ANYWHERE without packing cubes! There are two key benefits to using packing cubes:
- Organization – You can easily group your clothing by type or style. They also can be used as makeshift “drawers” during your travels
- Compression – You can stuff the cubes to the max to fit as many items as possible, and keep your clothes fitting inside the smallest suitcase possible
This Shacke Pak of Packing Cubes is perfect – with 5 different sizes of cubes included, you can use these as needed to accommodate trips of varying lengths.
- Original Reinforced Stitching - Often imitated but never duplicated! Since 2014 our proven design promotes over packing...
- The Quintessential Packing Starter Kit – Each bag size in this set was tested, designed, and selected to create the...
20 | Compression Bags
Another method of saving space in your luggage is to use compression bags to reduce the room needed for your clothing. Take these Travel Space Savers along with you, and you’ll be fully prepared to bring back any extra clothing that you buy while traveling :).
- 🧳 TRAVEL FRIENDLY - Travel at Ease when packing your luggage. No vacuum or pump is needed for our compression bags....
- 💨 MORE SPACE - save up to 3 times more space in your suitcase, backpack or closet. The compression garment bags pack...
21 | Folding Duffle Bag
I admit, I do really like shopping, which sometimes contradicts my goal of packing light. So, I usually allow myself a carry-on and personal item on the way to my destination, but I’ll bring a bag with me to carry back souvenirs :). I like this folding Wandf Duffle Bag, as it is lightweight and easy to fit into your regular luggage without taking up much space.
- SAVE YOUR CARRY ON CHARGES - Measures 17.7 x 12.6 x 6.3 inch, perfect fit personal item size 18 x 14 x 8 inch of Spirit...
- 25L CAPACITY - Enough to hold everything you need for in-flight comfort and entertainment. If you’re flying for...
RELATED: Review of the AWAY Bigger Carry-On
22 | Hanging Digital Luggage Scale
A key concern when packing light is making sure your suitcases fit the weight limits set by the airlines. You can avoid discovering the weight of your bag at the airport by weighing it yourself. Now, you are likely aware that you can’t put your suitcase on your bathroom scale, as it is meant for humans only. I recommend purchasing the Etekcity Digital Hanging Luggage Scale, as it is small enough to carry around with you when you travel.
- High-accuracy sensor and rubber-textured handle surface. Capacity: 110lb/50kg, Graduation: 0.1lb/50g
- Avoid Overweight Fees: Hook your suitcased for instant weight and save time before you wait in line
23 | Luggage Locks
Luggage locks are great for keeping your belongings safe, especially when you’re wearing a backpack or have to leave your luggage behind for a time. The Fosman Luggage Locks will keep you in good standing with TSA and also keep your things secure while you travel.
- [TSA ACCEPTED LUGGAGE LOCKS] The Fosmon TSA lock allows your luggage to be checked without damage. The TSA agent will...
- [DURABLE AND FLEXIBLE] The luggage lock is made of harden zinc alloy body and steel cable that can stand rough handling....
24 | Carry-On Bag
As far as carry-on bags go, I recommend the Nordace Travel Backpack for your underseat luggage and the Away Carry-On Suitcase for your overhead luggage. Check out this post for more information on the latter.
General Necessities / Travel Comfort
25 | Travel Pillow
A good travel pillow will keep your neck from killing you when you take a long flight. I think these are especially important when you wind up with a seat that is not by the window. My favorite type is the memory foam pillow, as they hold their shape and keep you comfortable and secure. The Everlasting Comfort Travel Pillow is a great option, and comes with the added bonus of ear plugs, a sleep mask, and a carrying bag.
- No Longer Struggle with Uncomfortable Airline Seats: Made with premium memory foam, our neck pillow adapts to your...
- Instant Neck Pain Relief: Sleeping upright in your seat can lead to neck stiffness. With our airplane neck pillow, you...
26 | Ear Plugs
If you prefer absolute silence while sleeping in new locations, I recommend the Loop Experience Pro Earplugs. These earplugs are reusable, and the amount of noise reduction can be changed according to your preference.
- NOISE REDUCTION - Loop Experience Plus are high-fidelity, noise reducing earplugs that filter more or less noise on...
- STYLISH COMFORT - These high-fidelity earplugs come in 4 different sizes, so you can always find the perfect fit. The...
27 | Eye Mask
If you have trouble getting a good night of sleep on long-haul flights or in new beds, I recommend that you buy MZOO Sleep Eye Mask. This mask features padding around the eyes so that it completely blocks out any light that could get in the way of your sleep.
- No pressure on eyes, eye space is wider and deeper than other flat eye mask (Silk eye mask will oppress eyes)
- Unique heat-bonded technology instead of glue, sturdy and durable, no easy to fall apart.
28 | Collapsable Water Bottle
It never hurts to have water on hand, particularly on long hikes or when exploring cities through the summer. Instead of buying a new plastic bottle whenever you are thirsty, why not do the planet some good and get a reusable, collapsable water bottle? I’m liking the Anntrue Bottle, which is BPA – free and leak-proof.
- 【Healthy and Safety】This collapsible water bottles is nontoxic since it made of food grade platinum silicone. No...
- 【Fashionable 】Its humanized body bottle design provides a non-slip grip, also with unique style creates a stunning...
29 | Microfiber Towel
Microfiber towels are a wonderful alternative to bringing terry-cloth towels with you, as they are very compact and dry quickly. I recommend packing these when you know you will have to provide your own towel for a certain travel activity. I take mine on nearly every trip! These Microfiber towels by Scorched Earth are my faves.
- ★ SET INCLUDES 2 SIZES, CARRYING BAG, CLIP: Your purchase includes a Large microfiber towel (29.5 in x 59 in), a Small...
- ★ LIGHTWEIGHT & COMPACT: The microfiber cloth material makes these towels very thin, easily packable, and far easier...
30 | Airplane Footrest
I’ve only just recently found out about this gem – but this is absolutely a must for any long flights! The reason being that keeping your feet on the floor while you sit causes blood to pool in your feet. By having help in keeping the propped up, you really don’t have to worry about this anymore. Don’t worry about any snickers you may get from your flight mates – you’ll be much better off using this then they are! Get your Airplane Footrest from Sleepy Ride today.
- EASY TO USE - Simply hang it on the arms of the tray table in front of you ((Won't work with bulkhead seats or 1st class...
- TRAVEL COMFORT - Our airplane footrest is crafted with high-quality, thick memory foam to greatly enhance your travel...
31 | Travel Toilet Paper
Depending on where you travel, toilet paper may not be super prevalent. Especially when traveling off the beaten path, or in countries where bidets are more popular than wiping up. I always take a travel sized toilet-paper roll with me, so I avoid any issues here. This travel Toilet Tissue pack is my go-to!
32 | Poo-Pourri
I’m sure you know about Poo-Pourri, and if you don’t, I suggest you check out the video below – It’s one of my all time favorite ads!
I recommend taking the travel-sized Poo-Pourri version along with you on your travels so that you can be kind to your travel party in cramped bathrooms situations.
- Poo-Pourri Before-You-Go Toilet Spray leaves your bathroom smelling fresh and clean. Simply spray the water in the bowl...
- Scent: Vanilla, Mint and Citrus. Eliminate bathroom odor before it begins so you can leave the porcelain throne smelling...
33 | Travel Umbrella
To me, there is nothing worse than having to buy an umbrella for the umpteenth time because you forgot yours at home. Avoid this by bringing along a travel-sized umbrella with you (and by checking the weather :)). What I love about these travel umbrellas by Fidus is that they come in 11 different colors, pack very compact, but open up wide.
34 | Sink Clothing Detergent
If you need to wash clothes on the go, bring along some clothing detergent with you! This will allow you to wash a few items in the sink and extend your time between visiting the full Laundromat. This Detergent Pack by SinkSuds is just the thing you need for this!
- USE THEM ANYWHERE: SinkSuds were designed to be taken anywhere and used anywhere; they are a travel must have; Wash...
- SINKSUDS, IT’S SIMPLE: Simply mix the packet in water, wash your garments, and hang dry; Use 1 packet for 2-3 garments...
35 | Pill Organizer
If you have medicinal needs that require taking several pills a day, it may be a good idea for you to bring along a pill organizer with you. This Pill Organizer by Lewis N. Clark features 16 slide-locking pouches, is compact, and features a medical information card.
- SLIMLINE DESIGN: No longer do you need to lug around a bulky box full of pills, vitamins, and medication. This travel...
- COLOR CODED: This medication organizer was meant to help you keep things in order. Each slot is colored coded with...
36 | Travel Neck Pillow Alternative
If you are looking for a travel pillow with a slimmer profile, the Trtl Pillow be the option for you. Unlike the normal travel pillow, this one wraps around your neck and is secured by velcro. I’ll be honest, it’s not my personal favorite, but some folks just love it!
- Scientifically Proven Neck Pillows For Travel: Thanks to our unique, patented design, you can easily adjust your Trtl...
- Enjoy a Real Sleeping Experience on Long Flights: Add our neck pillow to your long flight essentials’ list to...
37 | Travel-Sized Humidifier
Traveling with the sniffles? Or prone to dry nose / nose bleeds? Well now you can bring your own Fancii Personal Humidifier along with you. This humidifier is battery operated and can be filled with a water bottle.
- Converts a standard sized individual water bottle (<20oz) into a moisture-producing water tank
- PureMist ultrasonic technology operates at below 15 decibels, to project hygienic, humidified air quickly and quietly
38 | Laptop Lap Desk
If you travel with you laptop often, you may want to consider purchasing a AboveTEK Portable Laptop Desk. It comes complete with a retractable mouse pad tray too. This “desk” will allow you to work from a chair or couch with ease while you travel.
- Anti-Slip Surface - Transform your laptop into a mobile workstation with the AboveTEK portable laptop lap desk. The...
- Retractable Mouse Pad - Retractable laptop mouse pad extends on both directions for the left/right handed with elevation...
39 | Laundry Bag
If your suitcase or packing cubes do not come with laundry bags, the HOMEST 2 Pack Laundry Bags will do the trick. These bags hold a substantial amount of laundry, and have reinforced stitching in case the bags start to get a bit heavy.
- RIP-STOP AND PREVENT UNRAVEL - Extra-tough double-stitched seam construction and thick nylon material that prevents the...
- ULTRA LARGE CAPACITY - Sized 28 x 40 inches. This size is big enough for holding 3~4 loads of laundry for each, making...
40 | Travel Purse
If you plan to be in the go for large portions of the day while traveling, I highly recommend the Travelon Mini Shoulder Bag. This bag is built to deter would-be pickpockets, and comes with features such as locking zippers, RFID blockers, and a healthy number of pockets. It’s my current go-to bag, but for more options, check out my post on the Best Travel Purse.
- Locking main compartment
- Slash-resistant body construction and slash-resistant, adjustable shoulderstrap attaches to post or chair
41 | Fanny Pack
If you prefer to be hands-free when traveling, I recommend trying out this UTO Fanny Pack. Despite its relatively small size, it does fit a large number of items and since it is worn in the front, it also is good a deterring pickpockets.
- Locking main compartment
- Slash-resistant body construction and slash-resistant, adjustable shoulderstrap attaches to post or chair
42 | Hand Sanitizer
Given recent events, we all know that hand sanitizer is something you should ALWAYS have on hand. Stock up on travel-sized Purell Sanitizer Bottles so that you never come up short here.
- Show you care about well-being with PURELL Advanced Hand Sanitizer Refreshing Gel
- Kills 99.99 percent of most common germs that may cause illness. Outperforms other sanitizers ounce-for-ounce
43 | Mosquito Repellent
This one will depend on the location that you are going, but it’s a good idea to have a small bottle of mosquito repellant on you when traveling. I like the travel-sized Plant-Based Bug Spray & Mosquito Repellent.
- OFF! Botanicals Insect Repellent Spritz effectively repels mosquitoes, black flies, gnats and no-see-ums
- Made with a plant-based active ingredient and contains no added dyes
Conclusion | The 43 Best International Travel Accessories
For those of you planning your next trip, I hope that this list of the best international travel accessories is helpful! I gathered my personal favorites for best travel gadgets, and no that they can make any long haul flight much more comfortable. These should be particularly helpful for those of you taking long haul flights for the first time.
For those of you travelers out there, what would you add to this list? Let me know in the comments below!
- Long Haul Flight Essentials and Tips
- The AWAY Bigger Carry-On Review
- Review of the Tortuga Travel Backpack
- The Best Vacation Purse
- The Ultimate Beach Vacation Packing List
Last update on 2023-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API