Heading out on a beach vacation soon, but not sure what to pack? Not to worry, this post provides the ultimate beach vacation packing list that covers everything you need to spend time on the beach worry-free.
7 Day Beach Vacation Packing List
What differentiates this packing list from your standard packing list is the beach-specific items that you need to take along with you. In this section we’ll get into details on the essential beach items, and further down you’ll details on what to pack for women, men, and for babies.
Sandproof Picnic Mat
No one likes carrying home sand with them, right? Well the cool thing about this mat is that the sand just falls right off when you pick it up. This mat measures 83×79 inches, which means that it is big enough for the whole family. In addition, this mat is lightweight and easy to fold up, meaning that you can take it with you anywhere. I should also mention that in addition to being sandproof, it is also dirtproof, allowing for ridiculously easy cleanup.
- 【Outdoor Beach Blanket】- The beach blanket measures 83In x 79In, can easily accommodate 4 to 8 people, this mat has...
- 【No Mess】- Say goodbye to all annoying sand which sticks to your regular beach blanket. Beach mat is made from 210T...
While some enjoy sitting in the sun all day long, it’s not actually the best thing for your skin. Bring your own shade by packing a beach canopy. What I love about this one is that it can be set up in a few different ways, to account for the changing position of the sun.
To keep it sturdy, it comes with a mini shovel and custom sand anchors. Don’t worry, setup is easy though. And can withstand strong winds and crashing waves, keeping your canopy in place all day.
Do you hate that your regular towels take up so much space? Well you should certainly consider getting some microfiber towels to take along your next beach vacation. What I love about them is that they are much thinner than regular towels, but just as effective in getting you dry. As an added benefit, they dry very quickly and are lightweight as well.
- SAND FREE: The beautiful beach towels from SummerSand will leave the sand on the beach where it belongs - no more sand...
- SOFT & VERY ABSORBENT: SummerSand microfiber towels absorb water instantly, are super soft and won´t leave marks on...
Waterproof Phone Pouch
Even if you don’t plan to do underwater photos, it’s always a great idea to do what you can to keep your phone safe from the elements (and your wet hands). I like these waterproof pouches because they are effective, yet easy to use. One thing to note though, there is no protection for deep water diving. So be sure to just keep them in the shallow edge of the “pool” if you will.
- Big Size Waterproof Phone Pouch: Up to 7 inches capacity, compatible for iPhone 12 pro Samsung and others.
- 2 Pack Waterproof Phone Pouch: 2 Pack convenient for you and your family.
The beach bag is pretty much an essential part of the beach going experience. What is great about this Mesh Beach Tote Bag, is that it has a built-in cooler. You should be able to fit in your snacks, swimwear, towels and reading materials in addition to cool beverages given its larger size. It comes in several colors, including teal, black, pink, and white so that you get the one that is the most “you”.
- 【Built in Cooler】 - Keeps all your soda, water, and fruits cold in a hot sunny day. Sew with easy to clean, and leak...
- 【Large Capacity】 - Large main compartment is big enough to hold several beach towels, swimsuit, toys, and all your...
Some of us prefer to sit in a beach chair to laying out on a towel for most of the day. If the weight and size of a carrying a beach chair has been holding you back, then look no further than Cliq Camping Chair. Known as the “most funded portable chair in crowdfunding history”, this chair folds up to the size of a water bottle! This chair sets up in about 5 seconds, and can handle up to 300 pounds.
- The bottle sized camping chair for anywhere: Cliq Camping Chairs are almost the size of your drink bottle, making them...
- A camping chair ready in five seconds: Designed in Santa Barbara, the Cliq camp chair is not only compact, but sets up...
Beach Cup Holders
Worried about your beverages falling over while hanging out on the sand? This set of 4 beach cup holders feature feet that permit them to stand up easily. In addition each has a bottle opener at the bottom, so you won’t have to worry about carrying one of those separately. What’s great is that you can use these to hold your other valuables while on the beach as well.
- UNLIKE OTHER BEACH CUP HOLDERS that are difficult to stick into the ground, our sand coaster set is made with pointed...
- HOLD ALL OF YOUR PERSONAL BEACH ITEMS with one fun solution. Keep your stuff protected from the sand and other nasty...
If you are heading to a beach that has at least some reefs, you’ll be missing out if you don’t bring your snorkel along. This snorkel by Greatever, is anti-fog and leak-proof. It’s also eco-friendly, being made of food-grade silicone.
- AFTER SALES SERVICE：As long as you are our customers,since the day you buy snorkel set. We will provide 24-hour...
- ANTI FOGGING AND NO LEAKING: Greatever snorkeling set use the most stable dry floating valve design,and the flexible...
Sunglasses are essential for any trip that comes with a lot of sun. Don’t forget to bring your “sunnies” to keep your eyes safe from the sun’s rays as well as help with overall visibility.
- POLARIZED LENS – specialized multi layer lens designed to filter and block over 99.96% of glare – J+S Polarized...
- UV 400 PROTECTION - J+S Vision lenses are 400UV rated, meaning it can block 99%-100% of both UVA and UVB radiation....
Beach Clothing for Women
One of the most fun parts about going to the beach is the attire that you wear at the beach. Nothing like being able to wear close to nothing in the hot sun. Here are a few beach essentials that you need to take with you:
One Piece Swimsuit
I don’t know about you, but I was so glad when the one piece swimsuit came back in style. It really takes off the pressure on trying to work on those abs, right? This feminine suit by CUPSHE is adorable, and flattering on many body types.
- Design: Ruffled at hem, plunging neckline and Lace up at back.
- About Cup Style: With Padded Cups
Another gift to the swimsuit world has been the high-waisted bikini bottom. This swimsuit by TemptMe has a cute halter top and printed bottom, and really has that vintage feel.
- Adjustable self-tie halter neck with a clasp hook closure on the back, padded push up bra with adjustable straps bikini...
- High waist bikini high-cut legs with a figure-flattering pleated front panel hides the imperfections you don’t prefer...
A flowy and lightweight dress is the perfect option for a beach coverup. This coverup by AS Rose Rich just screams vacation, don’t you think? And it comes in a variety of colors too.
- Refer to the Latest Size Chart. According to customer's reviews, we updated size chart information since Jan 1st,2021....
- Ultra Soft. As Rose Rich cover ups is a lighweight lace. 100 percent polyester recycled yarn, ultra soft and elegant...
Another option to the cover-up is getting a sarong. The great thing about sarongs is that you can tie them so many ways and that you can use them as a make-shift towel if needed. This sarong is just beautiful, isn’t it?
- 100% Rayon, Beautiful Design,
- Versatile for Beach Cover Up, a 3/4 Length Dress
A great way to keep yourself safe from the sun (and still stylish) is to bring along a nice big beach hat. I love this hat by Lazom because it is large and floppy and comes in a variety of colors. The black really speaks to me, but perhaps you prefer straw and/or some wording on your hat.
- Made of straw material. Soft comfortable and breathable design. Hand washing only.
- HOT new sun protection summer sun hats. Make you more charming and adorable in summer!
If there is one area where I think you should be a bit cheap is on the flip flops you bring to the beach. They don’t tend to last too long, given the sand, but definitely a beach necessity.
- Leather strap:Soft leather toe thong provides a frictionless and smooth feeling between your toes, supporting your...
- EVA Soft insole:It provides you with lightness,breathable and comfort when walking.
Now sometimes flip flops just won’t cut it. Especially if you plan to spend time snorkeling at the beach and the beach is rocky and/or full of coral reefs. To be on the safe side, it’s a good idea to take swim shoes along with you as well. And pro tip: make sure these fit you snugly, they’ll just be added weight to your feet if they are too big.
- Do you always buy water shoes that are not fit or too small? Look at us. Compared with the general size standard of...
- The soles are made of TPR materials with excellent air permeability and non-slip resistance. We thicken the soles...
RELATED: India Packing List for Women
Beach Clothing for Men
For you gents out there, here are the essential items that you should carry with you on your beach vacation:
These shorts by Kanu come in a variety of colors, so you can find the one that best suits your style. They feature an elastic waist, cargo pockets, and a mesh lining on the inside. In addition, they are lightweight, dry quickly, and offer protection from the sun.
- UPF 50+ quick dry microfiber: lightweight and durable for your most comfortable pair of swim trunks
- Triple needle side seams and rises make Kanu Surf swimming trunks and bathing suits among the highest quality you will...
Now, it’s possible you haven’t used one of these before, but a swim shirt is a great addition to your standard beach swimwear. What are the benefits, you ask? Well this swim shirt by Speedo offers UV protection, is water resistant, and quick drying. In addition, it is pilling proof, which means you’ll get to use it for a long time.
- UV & UPF 50+ protection: UV block the burn with UPF 50+ protective fabric
- Quick-Drying: Low-moisture absorption for fast comfort right out of the water
Keep your feet free from any sand pain by bring along some sandals for the beach. This flip flops by Visit the Reef offer the following benefits:
- Footbed and arch support
- Flexibility – they move with your feet
- Comfortable straps that are vegan and conform to your foot
These are made by a surf brand and are made just for the beach, so you can expect to get a lot of quality wear out of them.
- Twinpin Men's sandals: Big comfort with little cost make these men's flip flops a popular men's sandals style across the...
- Footbed and arch support: The soft EVA footbed with anatomical arch support give your feet full-satisfaction comfort.
If you’re planning to visit a rocky beach or one that has reefs / urchins, you should definitely take along some swims shoes. These shoes by Body Glove are made for the water and to feel like a second skin on your foot. They dry quickly and also have drainage capabilities to keep your feet from being soggy when out of the water.
- MINIMALIST BAREFOOT FEEL- Three toe design makes for barefoot feel but still easy on experience. Zero heel lift and...
- EASY ON - Stretch fit upper and adjustable shocklace system allows for an easy slip on entry while maintaining a snug...
Do you find yourself getting bored just sitting at the beach for long periods of time? If your answer is “yes” then it’s important that you get some good entertainment to take along with you to the beach.
If you enjoy reading, but don’t like to carry a bunch of books along, take a Kindle eReader with you. There are a few features that make the Kindle a great tool for beach reading:
- It’s waterproof: You don’t have to worry about your tablet getting splashed by a little ocean water
- It’s lightweight: No concern for weighing down your beach bag
- It’s glare-proof: Don’t be wary when taking your tablet out on a sunny day. The matte design of the Kindle makes it easy to use when there is a lot of light out
- It supports Audible: You can now also listen to your favorite books and even read along while doing so!
- The thinnest, lightest Kindle Paperwhite yet—with a flush-front design and 300 ppi glare-free display that reads like...
- Now waterproof, so you’re free to read and relax at the beach, by the pool, or in the bath.
Toiletries and Makeup
Toiletries and makeup are some of your typical packing essentials. I think that the good thing about the beach is that you can keep this category relatively simple when at the beach (especially when it comes to makeup).
Dr. Bronners liquid soap is a great option for travel because the soap is super concentrated, which means a little goes a long way. The company is also focused on using quality organic ingredients and uses 100% recycled bottles, so you can feel good about your purchase for multiple reasons.
- MADE WITH ORGANIC OILS & CERTIFIED FAIR TRADE INGREDIENTS: Dr. Bronner's Pure-Castile Liquid Soaps are made with over...
- GOOD FOR YOUR BODY & THE PLANET: Dr. Bronner's liquid soaps are fully biodegradable & use all-natural, vegan ingredients...
Toothbrush Travel Kit
Save space by carrying a small toothbrush/ toothpaste / mouthwash set. The items in this set by Dr. Fresh fit nicely in any toiletry bag. The only thing you need to add is floss!
- 1 Piece
- Mouthwash, toothpaste and travel-toothbrush. Perfect for on the go needs of any traveler. Colors May Vary For The...
Don’t forget to take along a few small bottles of lotion. For some reason, it is quite easy to get easy while sitting on the beach. This travel-sized version of Jergen’s lotion is perfect for any trip.
- REVIVES DULL SKIN WITH A RADIANT SHINE - Warmly scented, its lightweight formula hydrates and boost sheen, leaving it 3x...
- FORMULATED WITH PURE, AFRICAN SHEA BUTTER - Shea butter is known for its ability to restore skin by helping it hold...
Taking care of the skin on your face is always important. If you are still looking for a new brand to try out, I might recommend Dermalogica products. Their travel skin care set features Face Wash, Exfoliator, and Moisturizer.
- Washes away impurities without stripping or drying.
- Reveals brighter, smoother skin.
This is a personal category – you know what you like, right? I recommend taking just the essentials though. Heavy makeup and water don’t mix. Here are a few recommended items:
- BB Cream
- Lip Moisturizer (w/ tint if you’re fancy)
- Mascara (the waterproof kind)
It’s always good to be prepared for any minor pain or stomach situation that might come up. I recommend taking a few essentials with you when traveling:
- Anti-inflammatory of your preference
- Melatonin (if you frequently have trouble sleeping)
In addition, please don’t forget to bring any prescribed medicines as well.
Also, don’t forget to take along a first-aid kit! These come in handy, particularly if you have kids in tow.
This travel kit by Swiss Safe comes with 64 different pieces that will keep you worry free on your vacation.
- DUAL ZIPPER POCKETS: 64-Piece Kit offers better organization & extra room for more medical items.
- VERSATILE: Great emergency kit for daily use or outdoor adventures like hiking and camping.
Another great thing about the beach is that you don’t have to worry as much about hair either. No matter your hair type, the beach does something kind of magical to your hair, right? There are just a few essentials that you should take along with you:
An easy way to take shampoo along with you is to carry it as a shampoo bar. The Jamaican Black Castor Oil Shampoo Bar by Shea Moisture is great for any hair type that could use a bit more TLC.
- SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil clay bar is a dry hair shampoo that's for damaged hair, it's cruelty-free and...
- SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil conditioning shampoo is loaded with reparative omegas that help promote healthy...
Keep your hair safe in the sun by applying conditioner. If your hair is super curly like mine, then it’s best to actually keep your hair wet with a conditioner so that the salt doesn’t dry it out (if you plan to swim for real). This Deva Curl Conditioner is great for all hair types – you just apply more or less depending on your hair needs.
- NOURISHING – award winning rich and creamy conditioner made with moisturizing olive oil and botanicals that unveils...
- HYDRATING – a dose of essential moisture that locks in hydration creating soft manageable curls
Don’t forget to take your favorite styler along with you. I won’t tell you which one, because these are so particular to individual needs. But when selecting what you’ll take, be sure to research humidity levels and temperature so that there are no hair surprises.
RELATED POST: Traveling with Natural Hair
Beach Vacation Packing List for Baby
Got a baby on board? Well there are a few additional items that you’ll want to take along to make sure your baby is a happy camper at the beach.
Baby Beach Canopy
Keep your little one safe from the sun in this cute little canopy. You can add water into the base so your kid can experience the water without the worry of putting them in the big wide ocean.
- [Design Concept]: designed for children under 3 years of age. At the bottom of the mini pool can allow baby play in the...
- [Uv protection]: 50+. better protect baby from the sun's harmful rays.
Baby Beach Bundle
In the beach bundle, you get nearly all the other necessities that you need to take along on the journey. This set comes with toys, sunscreen lotion and a sunscreen face stick. And each has been formulated to suit even the most sensitive of skin. Oh and you get a nice little tote as well!
- DUKE’S BEACH BUNDLE. This gift set includes Baby Bum Fragrance Free SPF 50 Mineral Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 50 Mineral...
- EVERYDAY ESSENTIALS. At the beach, pool or backyard, protect your little one with these gentle, plant-based sun...
- Pampers Splashers disposable swim diapers are designed for water fun at the pool, beach, splash park, and more
- Wegreeco Swim Diaper Size Large is great for baby 9 months - 3 years old, weight 20-40 lbs; Size Small is great for baby...
- Cute Prints outer layer, designed for holding solids when swim.
Baby Swim Shoes
No one likes sand between their toes, and this is certainly true for those who are heading to the beach for the first time. Keep your baby’s feet safe with these swim shoes by Barerun.
- Material: 92% polyester and 8% spandex upper, flexible and breathable; Top quality rubber sole,lightweight and slip...
- Convenience: Smooth neck design prevents scratching when wearing. It is easy to wear and take off.
Baby Beach Hat
Do more to keep your baby’s face safe by packing a beach hat. Durio provides baby hats that are great for both baby girls and baby boys.
- Material & Size: This baby sun hat made of high quality Cotton, keep the kids soft and cozy. Four Size for your choose,...
- Design: Double sides available, it is easy to wear and pair with other clothes. Wide brim protects & shields eyes from...
If you are planning to hang out on the beach for a long time, then you’ll want to make sure all your electronics stay as charged as possible all day, right?
A few things you shouldn’t forget are:
- Cell Phone
- Charger Cable
- iPad / Tablet
To keep those thing charged, don’t forget to also pack the following:
Phone Battery Case
This battery case will keep your camera charged for 120% longer. This means you should have full power all day long, even if you are using your phone more than normal. In addition to offering protection for your phone, it also provides the ability for you to charge the phone while still in the case. Best yet, it has a sleek design, despite the battery pack.
- ⚡【COMPATIBILITY NOTE】Only compatible with iPhone 11, can NOT be used with 11Pro and 11 Pro Max. Please ensure that...
- ⚡【EXTEND 120% BATTERY LIFE】Endurable 5000mAh battery keeps power for a double longer time. Add 4H Audio Playback,...
External Power Bank
For all of your other electronics, it’s a great idea to take an external charge along. Assuming you’ll be charging larger items, like a tablet, you should take a power bank that can stand alone. This power bank by Mogix features a fast charge and offers lots of power.
- ★FAST CHARGE – Be power confident with universal dual high-speed ports rated 2.5A & 2.1A ~ Total 4.6A ~ Charge 2...
- ★EXCLUSIVE – One of a kind smooth design with 4 LED’s to monitor power supply + bold features that continue to...
Important Travel Documents and Money
Depending on where you’re going, keep in mind the most important items that you need to pack for the journey. Some essential items include:
- Driver’s License or ID card
- Passport and a few passport photocopies
- Travel Credit Cards (I recommend the Chase Sapphire Preferred)
- Debit Card / Cash
All of these items are even more important if you’re traveling by plane and/or internationally.
When traveling by plane, here are a few additional things you may want to carry along with you:
- Long Scarf – Get something that you can also use as a blanket!
- Neck Pillow – Makes plane sleep all the easier
- Headphones – If you can get some that cancel noise, you are winning
- Body Wipes – Especially important for long trips, these can keep you nice and fresh
- Compression Socks – Great for keeping the blood flowing in your feet when traveling (and preventing swollen ankles)
- Light sweater / jacket – If you don’t have a long scarf, at least take something that can keep you warm in typically cool planes
Packing these along in your carry on bag is great for having a comfy plane ride. For more ideas, check out my post on Long Haul Flight Essentials.
How to Determine What Else To Pack for the Beach
When packing for the beach, keep in mind that your unique beach trip will have its own considerations.
For example, if you are traveling to a beach that requires a plane trip, you won’t be able to take some of the larger items, like the beach tents. But you can instead budget to rent an umbrella when you get to your destination.
If you are traveling to a cold beach, think black beaches of Iceland, then your packing list will probably be a bit more similar to packing for a winter vacation.
Beach Vacation Packing List Carry On Only
As with any trip, I recommend that you pack up everything in a carry-on, so that you don’t have to worry about paying for checked luggage or waiting at the baggage claim.
Beach Vacation Packing List PDF
Want to take this list along with you? Get the best beach vacation packing list PDF by filling in the details below!
In Summary | The Ultimate Beach Vacation Packing List
That wraps the ultimate beach vacation packing list. I hope that you found the list both comprehensive and useful. If you don’t have time to process everything found here, don’t forget to download the printable packing list!
Last update on 2021-04-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API